Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Thing #16

I liked the look of iGoogle (as opposed to PageFlakes or Net Vibe) so I customized my home page to iGoogle and even had fun adding widgets to my pages!! I chose iGoogle calendar, it is too easy not to use. I like the format, layout, and the editing tools, I didn't care for the look of 30 Boxes or Scrybe. I use a online calendar for home and work and can sync them both, I also use several online calendars at work within our department that are all synced together. It makes it nice to look at everyone's calendar when trying to schedule a meeting or to schedule training. When I first started in our department I was using the Credit Union calendar that we get every year (and that I dearly love!) but then I had to change and I am glad that I did, I like the pop up reminders for appointments!

The to-do lists in my opinion are too much work, however, the Backpack organizer looked to be a little easier to create to-do list, with reminders, etc.

Zamzar is an essential tool tool at work and at home! It allows you to save a document into another format, this can be really important for presentations and papers that you need to work on another computer.

Thing #16 had a lot of GREAT tools worth exploring!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Thanks for sharing Zamzar. I added it to my del.icio.us.

BTW...I have been promoting your class on Social Bookmarking to the 23 thingsters.